Selecting the perfect permanent makeup artist can be stressful, especially if this is your first procedure. It can also get a little overwhelming on who to pick since there are so many options out there. Well, one thing is for sure, DO NOT SETTLE. You may get a little anxious and impatient because you really want to get permanent makeup and you are ready to go out into the world looking “on fleek” from the moment you wake up. Take it slow and do your research.
There are tons of permanent makeup artists out there to choose from, but make sure you go with one that meets the following:
- Has a vast portfolio. Social media is so big now, that it should be easy to access the artist’s’ work at the tip of your fingers. Before and after photos and videos are the best way for an artist to showcase their work to the public.
- The work is consistent and active. A great artist will have no problem showing work (s)he does on a daily and the pictures will look somewhat similar. This is a great way to tell your artist practices and results are true.
- Artist is willing and can answer any/all questions you have. The best way to know if the artist is a trained professional is if they can answer questions regarding the procedure, process and results.The more the artist tells you, the more obvious it is they know what they are doing and what they are talking about.
- The artist is honest! So many artists will give false information and false hope to lure you into their salon. Make sure the artist lets you know possible outcomes of permanent makeup that may be affected by skin types, lifestyles, etc.. This will reassure you, the artist actually cares about you and informs you of any possible outcome so there are no surprises.
- You are comfortable with the artist! Don’t go with anyone who doesn’t make you feel calm and relaxed. Go to a face to face consultation with your artist before your appointment and get to know their personality, their work, their process and see if it makes you comfortable. Check out multiple salons and see which one treated you the way you want to be treated and has great art. The more research you do, the more you can filter who meets your standards and who doesn’t. It will actually make you feel more comfortable knowing you made the right choice after doing your homework.